About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

If it hasn't been said before.... I A.D.O.R.E. weekends! So much so, that I believe every weekend should be a 3 day weekend. 1 day to be productive, 1 day to have fun, and 1 day to rest... Is that really too much to ask?! I mean I feel like I blink on Friday night and my alarm is going off on Monday morning. A side note... WARNING.... if you have an iphone and you turn your ringer up.... you will be STARTLED awake the next morning. A hard lesson learned.


Friday night we had our Family Night at church. There were inflatables for the kids and the adults had our annual Spoons tournament. There was definitely clawing, snatching, bruising, blood drawing, and diving on the ground during this heated Spoons tournament. Despite the intensity it was a fun night with sweet church friends!

Saturday I spent the afternoon at my precious friend Sara's baby shower. She's one of those friends you want to hate b/c from behind you can't tell at all that she's pregnant, but has an adorable bump in the front. I also am very jealous of her artistic ability. She is one of those that can take junk and turn it into something gorgeous. Check out this cute chest of drawers she created for baby girl's room. Their sweet Arabella Faith will be here in April.





Saturday night we had an opportunity to go to the Grizzlies game... I'll be honest I could really care less about the grizzlies, but we got to enjoy the game from a box. That is the way to enjoy a ball game! Free food, plenty of cozy seats... yes please.




These three had a pretty good time too. It's a toss up on what was better ...the snow cone or the game (Shane Battier's return...) ... pretty sure the snow cones dominate this one.





Sunday we had the man who started SMI Haiti, Frank Williams, come and speak to our church. Daniel became great friends with him during their trip in January. Frank is our go-to man. He organizes everything that we'll be doing in Haiti. He actually lives in Indiana but spends several weeks in Haiti each month. We are so thankful for the opportunity to have him come and inform our church about what God is doing in Haiti. We can't wait to go back in July!


Sunday night we started our d-groups back. David Platt's...RADICAL. So excited. God is already using this book to change my outlook on Christianity, surrender, obedience, missions.... and I'm only in Chapter 4! So excited for our students to get started and see what God does!

No comments:

Post a Comment