About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ten Things Thursday

10. One thing I'm trying to do is find different ways to hang out with my girls outside of church. One of our students and I have begun running together. Although I'm a sweaty mess and breathing hard, I love this precious time with her.



I need some ideas. We've done dinners and pedicures, but can you think of some other fun things we can do?


9. I am in love with this color... Essie's Bermuda Shorts.




8. We only have 5 weeks until summer!!!!




7. Tuesday was our annual zoo field trip. I woke up to dark, stormy clouds. I knew we'd have some devastated kiddos (and teachers!) if we got rained out! Thankfully the clouds moved out and we had lots of sunshine!




6. Last night we had Drew Barham from the Memphis Tiger basketball team come and hang out and speak to our students. We have known his family for a long time and because of the impact he is having on the basketball team for Christ, we thought he'd be perfect to come and speak to our students. Between hanging out eating hamburgers, being silly playing volleyball with us, and then talking about what God was doing in His life, our kids and leaders were able to see that he's the real deal.




5. Because tomorrow is good Friday, we have the day off! I am more than a little excited. However, I made the mistake of suggesting to D different options for the day. A couple of them were shopping for him an Easter tie or working in the flower beds. You can imagine which one he chose... not shopping.


4. We thought last year that we had planted flowers that would come back year to year. To our dismay.... they did not. So any ideas on good, colorful flowers that will come back every year?




3. I'm really excited about the special service that we're having Friday night. It will be our first good friday, crucifixion service. What a great way to get our focus on why we have Good Friday. If it weren't for Friday we wouldn't have Sunday.




2. My Granny was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. She took chemo in pill form and has been cancer free for a while now. She goes in every 6 months for a scan. Today she has a scan. Please pray for peace for her. I know these days make her nervous and anxious. And pray that we get a clear report!




1. Last night Susan made my favorite cookies: Poo Poo Patties... also known as chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies. I def. couldn't resist and had 2! I know I posted a cookie recipe yesterday but I had to post this one because its my favorite. In fact I may have even posted this recipe before, but its worth repeating!!!!



Poo Poo Patties

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal

Preparation:

In large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, cocoa, salt, and butter and mix well. Bring to a boil. Stir mixture and bring it to a boil that can't be stirred down for 1 minute. Then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add oatmeal and mix well. Do not use regular or instant oatmeal; quick-cooking oatmeal is essential to the success of this recipe. Once mixed well, spoon onto wax paper and let cool for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I've taken girls to the zoo, flying kites, and even grocery shopping. I don't always have a lot of time so inviting girls along for simple things like joining me grocery shopping or helping me buy birthday presents, etc are ways to talk and interact and get them to share stuff without them even realizing

    ReplyDelete