About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

My weekend actually began last Thursday. I went with a group of ladies from church to a women's conference in Gatlinburg. We left Thursday and came back last night. It was such a refreshing trip. It was so nice to get away from everyday craziness and enjoy sweet friends, good food, good messages and the mountains!

I have been to Gatlinburg 10 out of the last 12 years. Normally we're there for a camp, but this was a little different. My adventurous friend, Susan, knows Gatlinburg. Not the food places and shopping malls like I do, but the trails, waterfalls, and back roads. So this time I enjoyed Gatlinburg like I have never before. In fact I was hiking up the mountain in cowboy boots so she could get a good picture.






Besides, being adventurous we sat through some good conferences and some weak ones. My favorites were "Its Easier to Train a Teenager Than Fix An Adult" and "What You Need to Know and What You Wished You Would Have Known About Being a Minister's Wife." I'll share more about what I learned from these conferences on Wednesday.


One of my favorite parts of our trip was actually on our way home. We stopped in Knoxville and hung out with one of our students. We picked Kendall up and he showed us around campus and then took us to an adorable restaurant on the square. This is my favorite picture of our visit. Kendall always teases D that I'm going to leave D and marry him. I turned at the last minute to see what Michelle was laughing at.



For example, this was his facebook status yesterday:
"Going on a date with Daniel Jerkins wife... UMAD? ;) "




Because I left on Wednesday, I did not get a chance to post my weight watchers update. Before I share, I feel that I must explain. I decided to do a cleanse. Yes, a cleanse. One of those drink this stuff for a few days and and it will eliminate toxins and clean your insides. Seemed like a good idea b/c I already have issues. It began with my sister starting it with me:






Yea she's a wuss. Well, for one it did not help. Two, it made me gain weight! So when I weighed early Thursday morning the scale said, "149.2" What?! Who gains weight with a cleanse?! I did read that it was possible but I thought being "cleaned out" would make you lose not gain! Needless to say, the cleansing stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment