About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Try It Tuesday

I definitely got my love of cooking/baking from my granny. I certainly don't cook like her or cook as often as she does, but I enjoy it when I do.

One of D's favorite desserts is banana pudding. For one of our wedding gifts, my grandmother hand wrote a ton of her recipes and put them in a recipe book for me. What a treasure this has been! One of the recipes she included was this banana pudding recipe.


Granny's Banana Pudding



Ingredients:
1 box vanilla wafers
6-8 bananas
2 (3 oz.) boxes instant vanilla pudding
3 c. milk
2 cans Eagle Brand milk
8 oz. Cool Whip

Directions:
Line bottom of bowl with with half of the vanilla wafers. Then slice the bananas and distribute evenly over vanilla wafers. Mix well the pudding mix, milk, eagle brand milk and cool chip. Pour half of mixture over bananas. Repeat. Decorate the top with whatever you have left over. Refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment