About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, September 19, 2011

Graduation 5K

Saturday was the day. All the hours spent training, the races for preparing.... all came down to Saturday. Graduation day. Daniel says I'm dramatic. I guess by the way I am setting this up... I must agree. A little.

Showing up Saturday was proof that my running club was over for this year. I pulled in thinking I was 45 minutes early... wrong. I met everyone at the starting line with only 2 minutes to spare! Over 600 ladies came out (in our ugly shirts...) to put our 10 week training to the test. The horn sounded and off we went.

27 minutes and 33 seconds later... I crossed the finish line.

Sweet success. I knew I wanted to do as well if not better than my last time. I was very excited to have set a new PR (personal record.) I learned what that meant Saturday. :) I looked like an idiot when someone asked me about my PR on Saturday and I just shook my head and smiled b/c I had no idea what they were talking about.

Me, Lori, and sweet Luke


She kicked butt and ran the 5k in 23 minutes finishing in 1st for our age group. I brought up the rear with 3rd.

Its hard to believe that this time 3 years ago. I H.A.T.E.D. running with a passion. Now I am so thankful that Stephanie kicked my butt into it. So thanks Steph for giving me the fever!

Although the 10 week training program is over until next year, the running will continue. Jason is trying to get me to do a half. Thoughts? I'm just not sure I'm ready to dedicate that much time to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment