About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Try It Tuesday


Cabbage. Not normally a favorite veggie... at least for me until I finally tried my grandmothers. I can now claim it as a fav. I like it so much I spent an afternoon with my grandmother trying to learn how she cooks it along with her other delicious veggies... which mine have never tasted like.

I have been craving her cabbage so when I went to the grocery store Sunday I bought one and fixed it up like granny along with the rest of our country style dinner last night. It did not disappoint.

I also learned... and correct me if I'm wrong... cabbage is one of the veggies that you burn more calories trying to digest so you need to eat more of it. Score.

Granny's Cabbage:
-wash cabbage
-cut in bit size pieces
-fill pot with water
-add cabbage
-add salt/pepper
-1 tsp of butter
-1 tsp of olive oil
-sprinkle with bacon bits
-letter simmer for a couple of hours
-add water as needed
-enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I'll have to try your Granny's recipe sometime!

    ReplyDelete