About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, November 12, 2010

Camping

Camping. I am not really a camper. I don't like to be dirty. I don't like smelling like smoke. I don't like peeing behind trees. I'm more of an indoor girl. However, I don't mind a good slide tackle on the soccer field or a slide into second base every now and then. I don't even mind sweating when I'm playing sports. I don't mind the outdoors, but I prefer perfect temperatures if I am to just be outside for the sake of being outside.

Too bad for me. I married Bear Grylls. He may be preppy and a competitive athlete, but D is all about some outdoors.



I would never let D do all the CRAZY things Bear does! He enjoys the outdoors and all manly things that it entails. Hunting and gathering firewood. Building fires. Making shelters out of branches and sticks. Drinking pee. Just kidding. D would never do that.... well unless his life depended on it and if the situation was that serious I guess I would want him to. Anyway... my Bear Grylls planned a camping trip for our youth. Now it is by no means a roughing it kind of trip. We are 50 ft. from a restroom area. There is electricity that is easily accessible. He goes down early that day and sets up the tents, etc. All we really do is hang out, play games, explore, eat smores, etc. This I can do. At least for 8 hours.

Last year we went in mid October and it was unusually cold. The temp dropped down into the 30's! Thankfully we are suppose to have perfect weather for tonight. I'm hoping my Bear Grylls gets enough of his testosterone juices flowing from this trip so he won't plan a real roughing it camping trip next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment