About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep

D and I love Thanksgiving. We love to eat so its no surprise that this holiday ranks ups there as a favorite. Every other year we spend Thanksgiving in Springfield, MO with my dad's family. This has been a hard transition for D...I am being a little dramatic.... he loooooooooooves his grandmomma's Thanksgiving meal. So for him to sacrifice that for me is truly love. I will agree that northern Thanksgivings are good, but there's just something about southern cooking.

I decided that I would fix one of his favorites up there. Sweet potato casserole is the ticket to his heart. But not just anyone's sweet potato casserole....his grandmomma's. Not only marshmellows on top, but the nut mixture and then marshmellows on top. So after getting her recipe... literally having to say, "Grandmomma, now how much sugar?" Her response, " I'm not really sure. I just pour." I began to get worried. How was I going to make "grandmomma's sweet potato casserole" without the correct amounts?!

Thankfully every year at our church we have a Thanksgiving Feast the Sunday night before Thanksgiving. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try it. I actually fixed it on Saturday since I had some time, refrigerated it, and then baked it Sunday afternoon. It looked so pretty!





I was so pleased. It was delicious! I think its safe to say he enjoyed it.



So look out Missouri fam! Sister and I are baking several things for you... this included!

4 comments:

  1. you know it was said in a poll taken of men that pumpkin pie, vanilla, and sweet potato scents attract males more than any other scent out there...i wonder if its true...just a thought to keep with your sweet potato casserole post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think maybe you should post the recipie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! You did a great job!... yeah, his grandma sounds like my grandma with not knowing the exact measurements. I hope I have a brain to remember that kinda stuff when I'm old! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete