About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Try it Tuesday: The Grace Card

Last night D and I went to see The Grace Card. We don't pay full price for many movies, but this was one worth supporting... I guess technically mom and dad paid for it b/c they always give us date money for Valentines day and that's what we used... so thanks mom and dad! But... we would have gone regardless.

I am known to ruin movies. If you haven't seen a particular movie don't ask me anything about it. I will ruin it for you without even meaning to! This happened twice in one day... with 2 different movies recently. Seriously, I am a professional movie ruin-er. Too bad I don't get paid for it!

However... I PROMISE not to ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it. Well, at least I promise not to give any important details away. Overall, it was a god movie. I'm glad we went and saw it. I loved that it was filmed in Memphis so I knew the places they were filming and the streets they were talking about. I loved seeing familiar faces. I loved that the movie called out racism for what it is even to this day... especially in Memphis.... evident. No matter what people say everything is still a racial issue. People, both black and white, still have attitudes and strong opinions about the other...sadly. Its def. time to move on from this issue.

The downside of this movie is it is cheesy. I'm not sure how appealing this movie would be to the lost. The acting from some (not all) actors is pretty weak. It is slow in parts, but the ending brings it all together and makes it worthwhile.

Now, don't think I'm bashing this movie b/c I am thrilled that people are producing movies that are clean with a life changing message. I loved getting to go to a public theater and watch a movie centered around God's grace. I love that more movies are coming out like this. I do think that the acting and transitioning from scene to scene will improve with time.

The Grace Card is def. a movie I think everyone should see!
And hopefully I didn't ruin it for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment