About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, November 7, 2011

Annual Lock-In

I get as excited about lock-ins as I do the dentist. I despise both... greatly. It's that time of year again though. As much I as I tried to convince d not to do it or tried to talk my way out of it (only half kidding)... I was unsuccessful. Friday night was the night and I was suckered in. The great benefit of being a youth pastor's wife. (Please know that I'm being dramatic and it wasn't really that bad... I am just not a fan of lock-ins.)

My Friday started with me feeling under the weather so I ended up staying home. I attribute that to my lock-in success. With lots of rest, 10:00p.m. came and my energy was above par. Normally I'm past ready for bed at this time. We switched things up a little this year and eliminated bowling. We ate pizza, snacks, and our students consumed an ungodly amount of energy drinks from 10:00-12:15. Then we headed to putt-putt. We had putt-putt to ourselves from 1:00-4:00. Lazer tag, go carts, putt-putt, arcade... despite the cool weather it was a lot of fun. The night went by quickly and putt-putt had hot chocolate... which made it even better. At 4, we left and went back to the church. My group stopped at Howard's and got donuts. From 4:30-6:00 we ate breakfast, watched soul surfer and played more games. I should say sitting and watching soul surfer was my down fall. If I had stayed busy playing games I would have been fine. Lesson learned... I will no longer be in charge of the movie room.

Before we knew it was 6:15 and all of our kids were gone. After clean up, a drive home, and showers... it was bed time! After some wonderful sleep... I'm talking sleeping so good that I have no recollection of moving, I rolled over and looked at the clock... 12:57p.m. Now that the day was half over, it was time to get up. The staying up was easy... the recovery the next day is what is not fun. Thankfully we had nothing to do that day but watch football with the fam so I seriously laid on the couch all day and dozed. It was wonderful.


D getting everyone together to share the gospel.




Me and Karlie



Susan has an unbelievably large tongue. This was about 2:30... and we're comparing hers and Karlie's.



So lock-ins aren't my thing, but I guess I can do one per year. Our students love them... or maybe its just the free energy drinks the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment