About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, November 21, 2011

Miles on Monday



Saturday marked my longest run of all time... 10 miles! Now, I could be all confident and pat myself on the back, but I'll be honest and say it was tough! Now for my excuses...

1. I was getting over a version of the stomach bug... so my stomach was not cooperating.
2. New shoes
3. Hurt foot (which is why I got new shoes)
4. Hilly course
5. Some runs... regardless of length... feel effortless... this one did not.

Ok, so I could go on and on with excuses... but I did run and complete 10 miles. It wasn't as glamorous as I had hoped, but it did get me excited about doing a half marathon this spring. If I can run 10 miles now surely I'll really be ready by the spring.

So my running friends... I need help. I need to know where your favorite places to run are. Amanda and I have been hanging around the Lakeland area and its been gorgeous this fall, but we're ready for some new scenery. We've done Germantown and some east Memphis areas, but are open to any ideas. A course that is preferably 8-13 miles in length without repeating. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment