About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thirst

Beth Moore
Praying God's Word Day by Day

"God never meant for us to sip his spirit like a proper cup of tea. He meant for us to lap up his life with an unquenchable thirst."

How often do we go throughout our day trying to squeeze a little Jesus here or a little there? Or like this quote says, sip a little here or a little there? We aren't suppose to drink like dainty little ladies when it comes to wanting more of Christ, but to drink of Him as if we we have been without for days, weeks.

I've told you before D is a big fan of Bear Grylls... the ultimate survivor guy. I've watched many shows with D. Obviously we know how important water is for survival. Bear is always looking for ways to get water. When he finds a fresh water stream or finally boils some water he doesn't take dainty sips. He drinks as if his life depended on it.That's how our time with Christ should be. Because we are desperate for him, we should excitedly anticipate the time we have with him. Not how can I fit him into my day, but how can I not?! We need him for our ultimate survival. We can't simply go through life taking dainty sips here and there and expect a close, successful relationship with Him. We must dive in deep, constantly pursuing more of Him. No I'm not stupid enough to say we need to spend hours and hours a day in scripture or in prayer... I realize there's this thing called life. However, we do need to make time with Him a priority. Setting aside a portion of our day to spend with him without distractions. Not sipping, but lapping up His goodness.

1 comment: