About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homecoming Week

Besides Spring Break, this is probably my favorite week of school. Not because we necessarily do a whole lot for homecoming at our little preschool campus, but because we get to participate in the dress up days... yes even teachers. If I haven't stated before I work at a private Christian school that is conservative to say the least. I love my job, but skirts every day? Really, is that necessary? So... homecoming week is an excellent week to pull out the pants and put together some crazy ensembles that makes me look ridiculous and makes my kids laugh. This year they changed up our usual dress up days and created new ones.

Monday: Superhero Day
Tuesday: Red, White, and Blue Day
Wednesday: Camouflage Day
Thursday: International Day
Friday: Blue/White Day


I wish I had taken pictures, but you'll get the idea of how "creative" or lack there of I have been. Monday-Superhero Day- I wore black work out pants, black tom's, gray long sleeve shirt with white shirt sleeve shirt on top. I put a large 'J' on the front of my shirt with zebra duct tape and added another zebra 'J' on a red towel that when tied with a pony tail holder became my cape. Yes, I rocked it... well as much as you can possibly rock a towel and duct tape.

Tuesday-Red, White, and Blue Day- I was boring. White ruffled shirt, red accessories including the shoes, and blue pants that my mom later told me were actually more of a gray/green. Score one for red, white, and gray/green day.

Today- Camo Day- Thankfully my husband likes to wear camo to shoot up our teenagers in a mean game of paintball so I had the pants... which I like more than I'd dare admit. Too bad I'd be judged to wear these seriously in public.... b/c girls, these things are cozy. So along with d's cozy camo pants I have my 20 year old, brown "I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter" shirt on top of a cream long sleeve shirt. Oh... and b/c every camo wearing person needs a little animal print...


Tomorrow is international day and I have no idea what I'm going to wear. I have this dress that I call my "Mulan" dress... you know the chinese disney princess that was really a war hero... yea, but see this is 'wear pants to school week' and I am taking full advantage. Needless to say... any ideas?

Friday-Blue/White Day- Because its Friday and because I am a sucker for comfort I'm going with my blue school shirt, work out pants, and tennis shoes. Boring... I know.

It has been so fun to see our kids... or their parents rather... get creative on their outfits. I love seeing them out of uniform and in normal... or close to normal clothes. 'Wear pants to school week' ... I mean homecoming week.... should really happen more than once a year... at least for the teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment