About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jesus Calling



I have been going through Jesus Calling. I normally am very encouraged by what I read but today's reading really jumped out... or called me out rather.

It was about relinquishing our control on our stuff and giving it... everything... to Jesus. Now some of you might say duh, that in essence is what the Christan life is all about, but it was the next part that got me.

When we give him our concerns, fears, etc. not only does he want them but he wants us to be completely honest.... "speak candidly, pour out your heart." I mean He is God so he knows when we're holding back or not being honest. Ok, so I can pray and I can be pretty honest with God, but what today's reading showed me is that I don't thank him in advance for what He's going to do. By us continually bringing these concerns to God, it says "we will live in a state of tension" b/c we're so focused on the problem. He knows the solution. So we need to be thanking him in advance for what he's going to do, how he's going to do it, and what we'll learn through it all. Now that doesn't mean don't pray continually for something b/c God wants us to come to Him in prayer, but its important that we remember to thank Him b/c He will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment