About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Salvation

One thing that D and I have become very passionate about is people who think they're saved when in all reality they aren't. Millions of people fill churches every week and think they're going to heaven. They think they have their get out of hell for free card so they're good. Sadly, they are mistaken.

I, too, fell into this trap. As a 7 year old, I walked the aisle b/c my friends were doing it and I prayed a prayer so I thought I was good to go. Years later, God began to convict me. Yes, I had prayed a prayer, but a prayer doesn't save you. There isn't anything magical about a certain prayer to pray to be saved. And like me, many have fallen for this lie. Many churches are preaching this lie.

Salvation in simplest terms means knowing Jesus. Not knowing about Jesus, but truly knowing him personally. Its not about praying a prayer, going to church, or doing lots of good things. Salvation is knowing Jesus because you have surrendered all that you know of your yourself to all that you know of Him. Believing that we are sinners in need of a Savior. Jesus is that Savior. He came and lived a sinless life and died on the cross in your place and mine. We have done nothing to deserve this gift. We simply have to believe and accept it. We turn from our sin and our self (repentance) and trust Him.

True salvation is very interesting to me to because so many people claim it yet nothing in their life backs it up. Once you've truly met Jesus you can't help but be changed.

Here's a good test:
-Has your decision for Christ cost you anything?
-Has your decision for Christ changed your life?

If you answered no to any of these questions then you don't know the Jesus that I know. Please don't fall into the same trap that many are falling into. Don't just pray a prayer so you don't have to go to hell. This is not about having fire insurance. This is about one of sweetest things you'll ever experience. A holy God desires a relationship with you and me. Our decision for him shouldn't be based on what it'll get us when we die, but what happens while we're still here. Peace, joy, contentment, a refuge, strength... to just name a few are waiting for us when we truly surrender our lives to Him.

Now this doesn't mean that you'll surrender your life to Christ and never do or say or think anything bad. We're human. It's going to happen. But as you walk and grow in Christ, the things you use to think, say, and do won't have such a stronghold on your life. You may still struggle, but now you have supernatural strength to help you. You call it out for what it is, sin. Ask for forgiveness and He remembers it no more. NO MORE. So stop dwelling on what you've done. Rest in his salvation... knowing Him... and then go make Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment