About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DNOW Update

Sadly dnow is over. We had such a great time. Dnow was always one of our favorite events when we were in the youth and we still look forward to it today. The conference itself was ok, but my favorite part of the weekend was the discussion time we had with our girls each night. Last year we got no where with discussion time. They were silly and not interested. This year we finally had to stop after 2 hours! It was nothing we as leaders did but our girls were just opening up and being transparent, encouraging one another, sharing testimonies... it was such a sweet time. In fact, we had one student who thought she was saved as a 5 year old but realized that she wasn't so at 1:21 Sunday morning I had the privilege of leading her to the Lord. Its times like this where I am reminded we can only do so much on Wednesday and Sundays... its what we do in between that means the most. I will gladly stay up way past my bedtime for opportunities like these.

Sadly, Saturday after lunch something happened and I fell apart. I was coughing and could not stop. I felt like I had been hit by a train so my sister took me home where I took some medicine and slept for a couple of house. Dayquill is straight from Jesus. That cooling liquid washed over my throat and bronchials and instantly I had relief. It became my new best friend. Thankfully I was able to meet everyone for dinner and then spend the night again with the girls.

I am much better now, but sadly I shared my germs with D and he has it. I know he's sick when he goes to the dr and he didn't hesitate today. So thankful though he made it through dnow healthy, but now we're both on serious antibiotics and recovering.

Oh and I should add if KJ52 is doing a concert and you contemplate going... save yourself time and money and don't. No 37 year old should be wearing saggy pants and acting like he has swag.


No comments:

Post a Comment