About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine Opinions

There are a lot of different opinions when it comes to Valentines Day. I happen to love this holiday. My husband on the other hand doesn't. He only particpates b/c he knows how much I love it... or should I say how much I love the $1 heart shaped box of chocolates. His opinion is its just another day that they use to make money. True statement. I don't disagree.

I find it interesting though that the people who normally hate this holiday passionately are usually single. In fact just last night I was on facebook and a college girl posted a picture of the valentines aisle at wal-mart with the caption, "Gag me." Wouldn't you know her relationship status says, "Single."

Now I do know several people who are happily married and still despise this holiday. I'm not sure why, but they do. Those of you I'm referring to feel free to voice your reasoning.

I know its a money making induced holiday. I get that. I also get that you shouldn't have just one day of the year to let someone know how much you love them.

But why not? Why can't you enjoy the red hearts and sappy cards? Whats really wrong with this holiday?

I laugh at my parents because on more than one occasion they'd happen to be at walgreens or wal-mart together a/r Valentines day and just go down the card ailse, pick out a card for one another, give it to the other person, laugh, and then put it back on the shelf. They get it. Its not about how much money you spend. It's the reminder to really love your loved ones. To show it. We get so caught up in the busyness of life that we forget to truly value our loved ones.

So daniel jerkins you can remind me that you love me by unloading the dishwasher, putting the laundry away or splurging on a $1 heart shaped box of chocolates... I also wouldn't turn down jewelry... :) Ok so I do like the gifts... sue me. I blame daniel jerkins for spoiling me for almost 12 Valentines Days now. You set the bar too high for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment