About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, February 3, 2012

Lately

So much has been going on lately! Here's whats been keeping us busy...

-Amber and Winna's wedding which was gorgeous! And so personalized. One of the sweetest weddings I've ever been to.



-Memphis basketball- I'm not as hard core as d but I can tell in my old age that I'm def getting more serious and emotionally invested. How sad is that!

-Cheesecake Corner with sweet friends.

-Redecorating...



-Lost and Found- I thought I had lost one of my FAVORITE earrings. I was devastated. It was really sad how sad I was over having lost it. But several weeks later for some reason d was looking under our couch and found it. I was beyond excited.



-Discipleship classes are fixing to start back up and rather than us do a group or groups for our students, d and I both are going to teach different classes for everyone. Mine will be for ladies... and so I've been researching what I'd like to teach on. I've heard rave reviews on Girls Gone Wise. Have you guys heard of it? I actually made fun of it when I first heard it, but its very practical.. How to be a wise woman in a wild world.

-D's going to Ukraine for a basketball mission trip soon. His team has been practicing at the craziest hours, but they're doing all they can to prepare. They got their cute matching uniforms, warm up gear, and shoes. The best part is they all look like their wearing capris b/c the shorts are so baggy. How are these so in style?! Don't boys realize they look ridiculous?! Or rather the Nike company?!

-God's faithfulness has been so evident. I can feel his moving in our lives and I'm excited to see what happens.

-These cuties keep us laughing and enjoying life like we'd never know without them. I promise Hallie is a pleasant child despite this picture.



-Summer is just around the corner so we have been doing a lot of planning! And its a good thing I'm a teacher with summers off b/c our summer is full of fun and crazy schedules. So far we've realized we'll be gone at least 4 of the 8 weeks. So hopefully I can manage to keep clean underwear in the drawers and milk in the fridge.

-Dinners with sweet friends.

-Sharing about our Haiti trip to our children's ministry. What fun that was!

-Experimenting- I asked for a lot of different types of polish for Christmas. This was one of them and I love it. Sister hates it. Shocker.



-Running- I'm officially back up to... drum roll please.... a whopping 2 miles . Its been a long slow process of getting healed but I'm back and ready to start training for a half!

-Last night was a fun night of family togetherness. My cousin was in town so my mom's side of the family got together at my grandmothers. She of course out did herself with all the food and desserts. It was so refreshing to sit around the table with the people I love more than anything and catch up. Upon the cleaning up process... cleaning out granny's refrigerator became an essential part to putting away the leftovers. Unfortunately sister and I were washing the dinner dishes and putting them in the dishwasher so the cleaning out of of containers became our duty. Now if you know me you know that when the milk hits the expiration date I sit out on the counter for D to pour it out. I can not handle old food especially milk. So you can imagine my delight to empty out month old tupperware containers of peas, beans, and chili. I like to refer to it as Gag City. Kacie cleaned and I gagged. Then she laughed. The cycle continued until everything was clean and put away. Now don't judge me b/c I was helping by turning on the garbage disposal when needed. By this point sister was so amused with my extreme reactions she kept pretending her hand got stuck in the disposal which caused me to jump, scream, freak out.... leading to more bouts of laughter.

So this is our lately. We def have been busy, but we've loved every second.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Bellevue's Girls Gone Wise conference and LOVED Mary Kassian! I think that would be an excellent bible study...

    ReplyDelete