About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, April 27, 2012

Enough emotion

Man, I feel like everything I've blogged about lately has been a huge emotional cry fest. Thank you for bearing with me. I do use this blog as a scrapbook for us so I of course have to include the ups and downs, happy and sad... although the happy stuff is much more exciting so hopefully you'll get to read more happy stuff in the near future as I update you on our new adventure.

A few updates on us:

The Jerkins' have the workout bug. We are slightly obsessed. Ok, that's kind of dramatic... we both have really found a love for working out. To know our insides are healthier is great but the outside difference definitely makes me love it all the more.

My goal this spring was to run a half marathon. Unfortunately, with my foot injury and then my hip injury that didn't happen. My next goal is a 10k in June. With weather being so nice, I've been running a lot lately. Its too pretty outside to be sitting inside on my butt so I've laced up the running shoes and hit the pavement. Thankfully I have great running buddies that will get up before the sun to run in the mornings and then sacrifice an hour or 2 on Saturdays for our long runs. Last Saturday Allie and I ran 6 miles in 60 minutes with which I was thrilled. I'm so glad to get back to building my miles up again. I was running 10 miles when I got my stress fracture... and its been so depressing to see how quickly you lose it. I am so glad to be back.

Speaking of injuries...You know how I dislocated my should twice in 2009 and then had surgery to repair my torn labrum? Well sister convinced me to play basketball with her this spring. My first bball experience back since the dislocation and you know what happened? Yep, went up for a rebound with another girl, our arms got hooked and my should came out AGAIN. Thankfully I was able to pull it right back in, but talk about scary... not to mention it happened the same week D was in Ukraine. I contacted my shoulder doctor the next day with which his nurse replied, "Yea that's not suppose to happen. He's going to want to see you." You think?! A few weeks ago I had an MRI (more on that story another time) to make sure I hadn't torn anything as well as to see if the labrum restoration? was still in tact. Thankfully yesterdays doctors appointment confirmed that nothing was torn and the labrum stuff was still good. The problem is overstretched ligaments. He recommended physical therapy for a few months and hopefully that'll tighten them back up. If not... another surgery. Boo. Please pray the PT does the trick. The yummy food people fixed was fun to have around but not worth another surgery.

And you know how much I love food.

Clearly so do all of the sweet ladies from FBCHW. My house has been crawling this week with our favorite sweet treats. We've enjoyed texas sheet cake, homemade choc chip cookies, and I made myself freeze this enormous container of THE. BEST. COOKIES. This lady will not give me the recipe with which I replied, "That's fine as long as you fix them for me." And boy did she! So, I've been running a lot to burn off the fabulous junk we've been eating.

Hope you enjoyed my non-emotional blog post. Sister, was that better?







2 comments:

  1. Much...except i wasn't in it enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. I enjoy reading people's "honest" blogs. I sometimes refer to my blog as therapy :)

    Thats awesome about the upcomig 10K! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete