About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, April 30, 2012

FBC Millington

D's first day wasn't until Sunday but I had been invited to a women's dinner Friday night and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to go and meet people. It was set up kind of like a spring market. Lots of tables with people selling fun things. Natalee (the jr. high minister's wife) and I worked the girl's ministry table.Well, she insisted that I walk around and enjoy myself so I did but then came and helped her publicize this....




I almost peed on myself a little when I saw this. I mean I had talked to Natalee and I knew what we were doing, but to see it for real was cool... and scary... and so fun!


Then we had a nice dinner and then a lady, Lisa Leavell, spoke. She happens to be the pastor's sister in law, but she has an amazing testimony. She was raped in her church parking lot 20 years ago by some random men from the community. She shared the amazing "coincidences" that God clearly orchestrated, how she has overcome that, forgiven the men, and encouraged us all that we can overcome tragic things that happen in our lives as well. Even when we don't understand why, we must trust Christ and in Him alone.  It was really good.

It was neat to meet so many different ladies. It was quite overwhelming. With 500 women in attendance, you can imagine all the faces and introductions, yet it is was good.

Sunday was weird... not bad weird just different. It was D's first official day as a FBC Millington staff member. It was a different routine and different people so it was clearly a very different Sunday morning for us... which we knew and expected.

There are 2 services and 2 sunday school hours. (9:00 and 10:30)
We have to be at church at 7:30 so we leave the house at 7:00. The 11 ministers get together and pray first. Then the minister's meet with their interns and set up for their sunday morning stuff.

This Sunday was different because they had special guests from Lifeway come and speak to the youth and youth leaders. All the students were combined. Jr. High Sunday school is at 9:00 so we went to the service then. 10:30 is the senior high Sunday school so that's the sunday school hour we'll be part of. Because it was our first day, we basically did a walk through, met people, and so for sunday school they had us just stay with the youth leader group. Normally, I will go from class to class each week and get to know the girls. I assume D will do the same depending on what his responsibilities are. There are around 100 senior high students active on Sunday mornings so we'll have our work cut out for us as we learn names and get to know them!

After church us and the Jr. High pastor, Jay (and Natalee) took the Lifeway guys to lunch. Then we came back to the church to set up D's office. We got almost everything done except to move his couch in and he still has to organize his desk. I mean I knew my husband was OCD, but when he spent what felt like over an hour categorizing his books, I thought I might keel over and die. I'll post some pictures soon.We worked all afternoon... but it was worth it because his office looks great. Even though he didn't even break out the tape measure or level for hanging the stuff on the walls... this is when I knew he was tired. Before long it was time for the evening service. We didn't have very many students there for the evening service, but hopefully that will change soon.

As we got into out car pretty worn out from our very long day, I was reminded how fortunate I am that God has chosen to use us at FBC Millington. It was a different Sunday, but soon it will seem normal. The people will be more than just people, but friends and the students more than just students but ours.


Please continue to pray for us as we transition into this new adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you during this transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. You seem so put together.... a "just do it" kind of person. You don't seem to sweat the small stuff. I'm encouraged by reading what you write :)

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete