About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jesus Calling

I have been seeing a lot of criticism lately towards the daily devo. Jesus Calling. I thought I'd jump in and share my thoughts as well.

1. It is cheesy.

2. The wording at times is more than I can handle and I do laugh.. sometimes even out loud.

3. It kind of weirds me out that Jesus is supposedly talking when Sara Young clearly wrote this book however she is using scripture... its still strange.

4. I think sometimes the devo is a stretch to what the scripture they're referencing actually says.

5. Although its cheesy and not necessarily the best written christian literature, it has been a great source of encouragement to me. I've lost count how many times I've opened it and read EXACTLY what I needed to hear... as if it was written for me and my circumstances alone. Sometimes its what I want to hear and other times its just been what I've needed to hear regardless if I liked it or not.

6. So even though Sara wrote it and its cheesy and sometimes makes me laugh, I will continue to be encouraged daily by it.

The end.

2 comments: