About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Organization

This title is laughable because I am the last person who should be giving organization advice. I have found though that I struggle with it,  I so appreciate the "after"when I do take time to adequately organize. My kitchen for instance, I enjoying being in there more when my cabinets and counter tops are organized opposed to a sloppy mess when you open the doors.

I am lazy.

Plain and simple. I am working on it. I know how important is to keep my home in order and not just what guests see when they come into my home but what my husband sees on the other side of the closet door or in the cabinets as well. As I'm typing this I can think of a million places in my home that need reorganizing because I got lazy and just threw something in there instead of putting it in its correct place.

I have been looking for creative ideas on how to make more room by way of simple solutions. So... on to wal-mart today we shall go.

As I think about how I can better organize my home, I am reminded that the way I treat my home is a reflection of me and even my spiritual walk. It's easy to keep what everyone sees neat and tidy. Its whats behind closed doors that is a little less pretty. I have a closet in our play room that is my gift closet/ decorative pieces I'm not using currently.. kind of closet. I know last Christmas break I spent a good amount of time organizing it. I folded, straightened, rearranged, and even threw out stuff. What happened you might ask... life. I was in a hurry for a gift bag and tissue paper so I grabbed what I needed and threw the rest back in and said I'll fix it later. Rather than taking just a few minutes to straighten everything back, I sacrificed a clean closet for one that 11 months later looks like a tornado went threw it again because I didn't take the time that was necessary to put everything back in its place.

This can ring very true in our lives and relationship with Christ. We can spend a few days, weeks, and even months on track with Christ. We are hungry for him and his word. We can organize, straighten, and even throw out the things that are not necessary, but if we don't continually take the time that is necessary to stay organized we too will end up feeling more like a tornado has hit us. Daily time... quality time... not hurried time.. with the Lord each day will keep us straightened and organized spiritually.

So when you're tackling those messy drawers, cabinets and closets, let it be a self check to you on what other areas of your life need to be cleaned out and organized as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment