About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving morning began at Shelby Farms for the 2012 Turkey Trot. It was insane. There were so many people and a narrow path which meant it took forever to even get to the starting line. Allie, Sara, and I had agreed that we'd run this race slow and easy since there'd be so many people and it was the week before our half marathon. Well they said Go, and that plan went out the window. We were darting around people and pushing a much faster pace than we'd ever run in a race before. I thought I was going to die... and based on the pictures that the photographers took it appeared that way too. Allie was in Go mode and challenged Sara and I's steps. Though it was challenging, it was fun.








After the race, I ran home, got ready and then we headed to Mississippi to celebrate with D's side of the family for lunch. Then before we knew it, it was time to head to dinner to celebrate with my side of the family for dinner. I didn't think I had any more room for left until I walked in and smelled everything... you better believe I found room.



I love having both of our families here, but it makes celebrating Thanksgiving a gluttonous day.... with which I'm really ok with.

Here I am with ole chubs and Riley. Crazy to think that chubs won't be chubs for very much longer. Let the Riley countdown begin!



1 comment:

  1. haha! love it, you're right, I was in "go" mode or "crazy race girl" mode - I promise I'll do better Saturday! Just remind me it's 13.1 and I'm sure I'll happily slow down ;) BTW, love your new cover photo!!!

    ReplyDelete