About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

On this Thanksgiving Eve I thought it was only appropriate to answer some questions regarding our Thanksgiving. Thank you Rachel for the idea.

1.What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades?
Between these 3... no question... the food! I do love watching the parade but my non-parade watching husband just makes weird comments about everything making the parade much less enjoyable. A new tradition started last year where we (myself and another family member I can sucker into it) get up and run in a Turkey day race so there's not much parade left to watch anyway by the time we get home.

2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
This is a dumb question. It's thanksgiving so the traditional items are a must! If you don't like them you should not live in America. I am clearly kidding, but who eats weird things like lasagna for Thanksgiving?! I can't imagine it!

My favorite traditional food is dressing/cranberry sauce... I need both... together in fact. I could do without everything else. I am especially looking forward to my sister's dressing. It is delicious!

3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
Nap! Oh football is on, but all I see are the back of my eye lids... or a Christmas movie if we're in Missouri.

4. What are your Thanksgiving traditions?
We travel every other year to my dad's family in Missouri. We play games, watch Christmas movies, and eat and eat and eat some more. This year because Riley's due date is so close we decided not to risk it and are staying here.

5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)?
Lunch- Daniel's side in Mississippi- grandparents, parents, sisters, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins
Dinner- my side in Arlington- grandmother, parents, sister, brother, aunts, uncle, cousin,

6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert?
I'm not much of a pumpkin pie fan so I make a dessert every year. You better believe I'm making peanut butter sheet cake this year. If I'm going to digest thousands of calories, I might as well top it off well.

No comments:

Post a Comment