About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, November 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Choc. Chip Brownies

It's no secret that I love peanut butter almost as much as I love Daniel Jerkins.That's clearly an exaggeration but you get my point. I'm willing to try anything where PEANUT BUTTER is in the title. I'm also a huge fan of brownies so when I saw this pin  pop up I knew it was a must try. This is a Bakeralla recipe. She made a frosting to go on top but said she wished she's done without the frosting so that's what I did. I think though next time I will try the frosting. When it comes to food, I'm a Go Big or Go Home kind of girl. 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
 

 Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 9 X 13 pan.
  • In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and salt together with a wire whisk and set aside.
  • In a mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the sugars and mix until combined.
  • Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
  • Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until combined.
  • Stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Spread in the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.

Frosting
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
Milk
  • Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
  • Stir in the peanut butter until completely combined and set aside.
  • In a mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
  • Add the sugar and mix until combined.
  • Add the chocolate and peanut butter mixture and mix until completely blended.
  • You can add a teaspoon at a time of milk if you would like the frosting creamier.
  • When the brownies are cool, spread the frosting on top.
  • Go ahead and cut the brownies into 16 servings in the pan. On each serving make peanut butter cookie marks with a fork. I placed the brownies in the freezer for a few minutes first to firm so the frosting didn’t get too messed up when I cut them.
 IMG_2760

No comments:

Post a Comment