About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, October 4, 2010

Matthew 14:25-32 (New International Version)

25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

29"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.


Did the wind die down before or after Christ told His disciples not to be afraid?


"The point is that we have nothing to fear and cowardice is simply an unreasonable state of mind. Christ's presence is the basis for courage in our storms. He did not say, "Take courage! I am calming the storm. Don't be afraid." Instead, with the winds still raging, he said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

"Christ does not always immediately calm the storm, but he is always willing to calm His child on the basis of His presence. "Don't worry! I'm right here! I know the winds are raging and the waves are high, but I am God over both. If I let them continue to swell its because I want you to see Me walk on the water. This set of prints can be only seen in a storm. We'll probably never learn to enjoy our storms, but we can learn to enjoy God's presence in the storm."


What a sweet reminder! Thanks Beth Moore!

No comments:

Post a Comment