About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I had maybe one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. It was so restful and relaxing...those kind come few and far between.

My weekend started off with me deciding I didn't want to go with D to the crazy forum for Memphis Madness. Instead, I let him go hang out with his buddy, Pete, and I went and hung out with the one and only sister. I picked us up some Chinese food, rented a red box movie, and to her her apartment I went.



It was so nice to be in comfy clothes and lay on the couch and laugh at a funny movie. I rented:



It was a great movie and I would give it an A+, but they chose to add a completely unnecessary, terrible word at the end.

After the movie, mom and dad joined the party and brought sister something delicious from Sheridan's and a pumpkin spice latte for me.




They're the best. After a night of laughs and treats, it was time to go meet back up with my boy.


Saturday morning at 7:45 my eyes opened...what in the world?! My day to sleep late and I'm awake at 7:45. I made myself lay there until 8 and then I decided getting out of bed was better than wasting away the day. I laced up my 'conies and had an 8:15 date with Jillian. I showered, folded laundry, and helped D. His latest project...replacing the padding at the bottom of our doors. Yes, I know OCD. To do this, the door must come off the hinge which he needed my assistance for. That concluded all my productivity for the day. :)


Soon it was time to head over to my in-laws for Saturday football watching. The boys played wiffle ball in the back yard for a little bit and I sat in a comfy chair on the back porch with my book....and get this....a blanket. It was cool in the shade! It was so nice.

A little while later, us girls (Momma D, Jules, B, and even Mags) decided to go see a movie. We love Karen Kingsbury's books and there is currently a movie out that was made from her book, Like Dandelion Dust. It was a tear jerker. B and Momma D were teary eyed, I cried at the end, and poor Jules cried throughout the whole movie. It's a movie that tells about an adoption story. Clearly a tear-jerker. Maggie informed us as we were walking out that she did not want to ever go to a big girl movie again...it was too boring.



We loaded up and went and had pizza with our football watchers. Then before I knew it, my bed was calling my name.

Sunday 6:50a.m. Grabbed my 'conies and my water and had an early workout before church. We heard a challenging message from D about worship and how it shouldn't be something we just do at church, but how it should be a lifestyle.

12:15p.m. We all crammed in the Jerkins' suburban and headed to Mississippi to grandmomma's for lunch. Roast, potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, cornbread, salad....yep I was miserably full. It was worth it though.

4:45p.m. Back to church to learn about Buddhism or Booty-ism... must see the dance to appreciate this.

6:00p.m. Church

7:15p.m. Sonic with our youth

9:00p.m. Chex Mix in the oven. Amazing Race on our TV...thank you DVR.

10:30p.m. In my bed, wondering where in the world my weekend went.

I always feel like I blink and my weekend is gone? Is it just me? Is it because I work full time? I sometimes think if I was a stay at home home that my weekends would feel longer. Is that a misconception? Probably.

4 comments:

  1. i think weekends absolutely fly by much faster than weekdays. and yes, i sobbed like a baby in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends do fly by, but you don't experience the dread that comes knowing monday morning is looming around the corner, like you do (or at least I did) when I was working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. booty-ism....love it! so did Mrs Debbie! i wish more people had been there to see her laughing so hard! thanks for the cozy date friday!

    ReplyDelete