About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Intimacy with God

I'm still trying to process the fact that I don't have to do it all. Trust me I have enough laziness in me to get this concept, but that doesn't always resonate to my people pleasing responses.

From my bible story with my class this morning, quiet time, and now from my book... it's amazing that there's nothing we HAVE to do. There are things that we gladly GET to do now because of what Christ has done, but nothing we HAVE to do.

I was talking to D last night about different religions and how exhausting and sad it must be to think you have to constantly be better, do more or try to achieve or else you won't gain "eternal life." And he reminded me that's what makes Christianity different and what Christ did so amazing. I don't have to achieve any particular level or do so many good things. All I have to do is surrender.

There's no need to get caught up in the long list of Christianity do's and don'ts in our feeble attempt to have intimacy with God. Not when we have this reminder:

"My sole responsibility is keeping my connection to Jesus solid and secure. The formula for intimacy with God is the same today as it has always been."

"PRAYER + the WORD + TIME = INTIMACY with GOD
"

No comments:

Post a Comment