About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ministry

I tweeted this last night, but its something I'm still thinking about today. Outside of leading someone to the Lord, having deep, meaningful conversations with students is my favorite part of ministry. Not just surfacey stuff, real talk. Real concerns. Real problems. Real fears. Its a rare moment when they let you in. They let you see the rawness of their lives. For a moments time, you get past the front they give everyone else and share their fears, hurts, and dreams with them.

Tears don't bother me anymore. I certainly don't want to see someone cry or hurt, but tears no longer make me uncomfortable. They make me appreciate the one shedding them even more.

I love how most of the these conversations are never planned. One topic leads to another and then there they are... I am so thankful for these sweet times. Whether this conversation happens at church, in the car, at the gym, the bowling alley, or over a cupcake... I cherish these times. I cherish the openness, realness, and transparency of the moment. I cherish the fact that they trust me enough to share the very thing they may not want to share with another.

Ministry is a crazy adventure. Exhausting, fun, and emotionally draining at times, but man is it worth the ride. If I haven't said it before, I love being a minister's wife. I love that our lives revolve around people and for now teenage people. I love that week after week we get to pour into their lives and how they pour right back. I love seeing the gospel change lives. I love seeing them understand it. I love when a student finally heeds a warning b/c they see we're surprisingly right.

I love ministry.

I love that I'm married to a man that is passionate about what Jesus has called us to: Love God. Love People. Make Disciples

Ministry is certainly not easy. It is certainly not always fun. But its the most exciting and rewarding thing that I've ever been apart of. And I look forward to what God is going to do through the ministry he's called us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment