About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Try It Tuesday

I decided to try one of my pinterest dinner recipes last night. We had volleyball so I didn't have a lot of time but this was do-able. And it did not disappoint! It's def going into my favorite recipe categories.

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake

  • 8 oz uncooked rigatoni (or any noddle)
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 c chopped onion
  • 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
  • 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
  • 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 (8 oz) container Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
  • ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
  • 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese

Prepare rigatoni according to pkg directions. Spread oil on bottom of 11×17 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.

Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.

Daniel doesn't like onion so I left it out. He isn't crazy about spinach either so next time I'll use less... I was hoping his aversion to it would be magically erased by the other delicious flavors. I love spinach and its a great way to incorporate some more veggies into your meal so I will def be keeping the spinach, I just won't add as much next time. He did say he liked it so score one for me... even with a spinach dish.

Need a delicious, easy dinner... this is a must try!

1 comment: