About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 4: (insert new topic)

Today's photo challenge was LEAVES. And I think that's stupid, so I'm making my own. Today's topic: D's new office. On our first visit to the church,  we got the whole tour... the office included. At this time we still didn't think God was saying Go so we walked around politely, but when we got to the office something inside of me changed. Not dramatically, but I became a little bit more open to the possibility when I saw this...


It was then that it became real. These weren't some foreigners that don't speak our language but students who were excited about a new senior high youth pastor coming. The fact that they had no idea who would be hired, yet so willingly offered their immediate love and support spoke volumes to me.

After getting past the sweet sign, I (the decorator- immediately went into design mode) No we weren't hired, no we weren't even sure we'd tell them yes IF they even offered us the job... yet I thought how would we decorate this? Set up? What furniture would we move around? Its such an odd shape. It's basically a rectangle. It's totally do-able but he's use to having kids come in and talk with  him often... where would we put the couch so that could continue?!

After we felt God's prompting, accepted the job, and got officially voted in, the real work  began... Well actually 2 weeks later the work began.

This is what the office looked like Sunday morning before church....

Then after lunch the decorating and organizing began. We quickly realized not much of the furniture could move or we dared to move so we ended up with this...

 I'm standing in the doorway taking this. The wall that his diplomas are on was the wall that had a huge bulletin board on it and the pink welcome sign. We decided to take the bulletin board down and make better use of the wall.



  Scanning to my right...
 



 






These were the best I could get with my iphone and a tired husband rushing me out the door. So there you have it. Day 4: D's office.








No comments:

Post a Comment