About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Staff Retreat

This week D has been at a staff retreat with the other minister's from our church in Moscow at  Country Place. It sounds like they have been busy planning and evaluating next year. I am most thrilled that this retreat fell when it did. What a great opportunity for D to get to know the other staff members on a much more laid back level... and setting. Now I know guys are different so he probably could have cared less about the bonding time, but I was excited for him.

Last night, the wives were invited to come out for dinner and for a fun hang out time afterwards. I was thrilled to see my hubs, but also it was a great opportunity to hang out with other minister wives as we made the 45 minute drive there and back. It was also so fun to see everyone together. I'm still trying to figure out who goes with who so this was great.

Country Place is beautiful. D led a project graduation event there several years ago for Fayette Academy, but it started at midnight and ended at 5:00am so all I remember was a place in the middle of nowhere with lots of land and darkness. It is in the middle of nowhere but its really very cool. A great retreat place... seems very relaxing. They have built new buildings that include meeting rooms, fireplaces, and several rooms for lodging that you can rent out... which is what the church did for this event. I was excited when I heard the church does a ladies retreat there in October. It will be gorgeous then!


Dining Hall



Meeting room and lodging


Last night was so refreshing. Dinner was served in the dining hall. And our view out the large windows was phenomenal... beautiful pastors, animals, and the sunset. After dinner, we went back to the building where the guys were staying and Pastor David filled us in on some future plans of the church they had discussed. Some of which is very exciting. Then we played the newlywed game. This was a blast. There were 11 couples and it seemed as if we laughed the whole time. This was a great way for us to get to know people... however some I may never be able to look at the same. :)

 I am very thankful that our new normal is becoming more and more normal. And more importantly I am thankful for these new staff friends that have made us feel so loved and welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment