About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend

Our weekend ended up being just what we needed. Not a whole of official plans... although there were some... it was just a  much more relaxing weekend than we've had in a while. It began with D playing in a golf tournament Friday afternoon. I knew he would be home most likely after dinner so I took this extra time and went shopping! I use to love shopping... I still do... but not like before. I've turned into my sister in the sense that I tire easily and get annoyed when I can't find what I want quickly. I don't want to browse. I want what I want and I want to find it quickly and be done.

I was on a mission. Swimsuits, shirts, and work out clothes. I haven't really updated my wardrobe since I lost weight and was tired of my sister making fun of may baggy swimsuit and of course the fear that it would fall off while I was trying to wakeboard... so I needed some new stuff.

Thankfully I was very successful. I got everything I was looking for and for very reasonable prices... even better. We're talking shirts on sale for $4.99. Cha-ching!



Once I was finally exhausted and my shopping high had deteriorated... I headed home. D got home about the same time I did...conveniently just int time for the grizzlies game. Since I worked so hard walking around the mall, I decided to soak in the tub and read my book while he watched the game. I have to say if you have a bath tub and aren't using it shame on you. I love ours and use it often!

I was getting dressed and heard the doorbell ring. By this time it was 9:30 and in the second half of the game so I thought it was weird for someone to be stopping by that we weren't expecting- until we opened the door... and were elated to see these guys... and girls. What a sweet surprise! They watched the 2nd half of the game with us. Man was it good to see these faces. We love them so much.





Saturday morning was a productive morning of housework, workouts, and lunch with our favorite Foremans... well most of them. We had planned to hang out by the big jerkins pool but it was cool and cloudy so we opted to just do lunch. It worked out well because we were able to take a nap before we celebrated Mother's Day with my family. Everyone came to our house and we had my favorite food of all time: daddy's french toast.



It was unbelievably good. So we stuffed our faces with a super sweet dinner and as if that wasn't sweet enough we later went to The Great Yogurt Factory behind our house where I had the most amazing yogurt. (it'll be my try it tuesday tomorrow so stay tuned)

Sunday morning came early, but we had a great morning at church and then lunch with D's family... we're talking his grandmother's side of the family. Lots of people, lots of food, but mostly lots of great conversations. We are so thankful to have such great families.

Then we headed to Fayette County.

Several months ago Fayette Academy seniors got to nominate possible speakers for their baccalaureate. Out of the ones nominated, D was chosen after everyone voted. It did help that 10% of the senior class were our students and lobbied hard for him. He did a fantastic job last night challenging the students to keep Christ as their chief cornerstone, their only hope for a solid foundation.



Afterwards we attended their special dinner and then a slideshow of pictures of all the graduates. It was a sweet night of reconnecting with FA friends and students.


We were so thankful for a relaxing yet full weekend with people that we love.

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you on the tub love... I house sat for over a week at a house with no tub... :( it was miserable. gotta have a tub!

    ReplyDelete