About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

(Warning: this is really long and you probably won't care about much about our weekend. I like writing down these memories for our sake.)

Since my last post I had my last day of school, celebrated 6 years of being married to the greatest guy on earth, and had several fun family gatherings.

Last Friday was our last day of school... aka... water day. We had a blast. The weather was perfect. Last year it was so cold we didn't dare hook up the hoses to the inflatables bc it was 50 degrees and cloudy that day. This year it was in the mid 80's and sunny. I couldn't decide who had more fun the kids or the teachers... bc you better believe we participated!

We had 2 slides, 3 slip in slides, and a big soapy tarp... covered in baby shampoo. We smelled fantastic.




After a fun morning of playing in the water, it was time to say goodbye to my kids and do some serious cleaning in my classroom. By the time I left school I was exhausted! I went home and flopped on the couch and didn't move until after D got home from work. We had planned on going out for our anniversary that night but I was too tired to shower and get dressed up so we opted for a laid back night at home with a movie, but a trip to Jerry's was needed first. I got a snow cone supreme for the first time and all I can say is that I'm in love. Plus, we watched our new favorite show: Duck Dynasty.






So our real anniversary date is still to be determined. And our anniversary gift is a trip... somewhere. Again to be determined... most likely in the fall.

Saturday started out with a long run with my friend Allie. What I thought was a 6 mile route ended up being  7. Good in the long run, but we were worn out! This was an eventful run too.... through sprinklers and even a  bathroom stop at a gas station. :) With lots of weird stairs bc we looked so rough!

After my run, I went home and did necessary things around the house: laundry, watered our flowers, cleaned base boards, deep cleaned the kitchen...mostly the things I neglect until its unbearable.... all while d mowed our yard.

After a productive morning around the house we headed to my in laws for an afternoon at the pool. It was so good to catch up with the Jules, sister and Jeremy as well as Dan and Leah who came by later. I love that we are such good friends with our families... some think its weird... but seriously they're the people we'd rather be around more than anyone else. These 3 couples are the greatest.



After lots of catching up we were starving and after a long discussion of what to do for dinner we finally decided to go to Off the Hoof. It was fantastic! A fairly new little place in Arlington and it did not disappoint. From the fried pickles,sweet potato fries, to the delicious hamburgers... it was heavenly. So since I missed yesterday just consider Try It Tuesday for the week to be: Off the Hoof.

Sunday was pretty normal church in the morning, but Sunday night church was a little different. We had a picnic in our grove. It was a smaller group, everyone brought their own food and chairs, and we had a little patriotic service with our orchestra. One of the songs they did was the one where the play all of the armed forces songs. Then the men and women who served or are currently serving stand. This gets me every time. It was a great reminder how appreciative we should be to these men and women and their families who sacrifice(d) greatly for our country. It was a great way to prepare for Memorial day. We also got to spend time with some sweet friends and students.





Monday was a fun, relaxing day. D played golf in the morning so I hit up the gym and went shopping. Before we knew it it was time to go back to the big Jerkins' to meet everyone to swim again. A little time in the sun over there and then d and I went to my grandmother's house. We had a great meal and spent most of the night on the back porch. It was very relaxing day full of good food and family time.

I've taught her well.





Yesterday was my paper work day for school, but we didn't have to be there until 9:00 so allie and I decided it was a  good idea to go run at shelby farms at 6:00a.m.Well, lets not forget that I went to the gym on Monday with her and we did strength stuff for an hour and 15 minutes. We were dead... but we were worse yesterday! Strength stuff is so good, but the next couple of days prove to be brutal as your muscles respond to the hard work.I'm talking it felt like I had 50 lbs strapped to both legs. Some runs are easy and some are brutal.... yesterday was not an easy run. I kept thinking of that saying that I pinned on pinterest, "Unless you puke, faint, or die keep going..." well yesterday I was close! I love good runs so though it was very challenging, I know it was good for my body to push through. We redefined what "hot mess" looks like. I'm talking drenched in sweat, so stinking hot... and we left there ar 7:30!



After my paper work was filed I met D for a celebratory lunch and then dessert at Jerry's. Afterwards I was tired from getting up so early and working my butt off at shelby farms.... I felt like I barely made it home to crash on the couch. My nap was wonderful, but short lived. I had to go to our end of the year staff picnic. We were all sweaty mess. We ate some good food and got fun awards... it was a  fun night despite the sweat.

My award for this year:



We are now in summer mode and so grateful that its finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment