About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

busy week


So much is going on in our crazy Jerkins' life that I don't even know where to begin....

D-Now was this weekend and we had a blast. We were disappointed with how many students had signed up this time. We took a nice size group last year, but not this year. D and I loved D-Now growing up. So we didn't understand the lack of participants. This was just a bad weekend... there were weddings, ballgames, proms... needless to say it wasn't the turnout that many had hoped for. In fact, because of the lower numbers the conference will be moved back to February starting next year... moving off the lame excuses now....

Even though we had a smaller group we had such a great time. D and I agreed it may be the best thing we have done with our kids. We didn't do anything special... just stayed in homes, went to the conference, ate some Stevie B's...


which is blog worthy in itself, lazer tag, go carts, a late night starbucks run.... and whats funny is God had something big planned regardless of our size. In fact, I know that's what made this weekend so special. We were able to really hang out with these kids and get to know them instead of being spread apart by numbers. The highlight of our weekend was that one of our guys... the popular, jokester realized his need for a Savior. So at midnight Saturday night D was able to lead him to the Lord.


After hearing about this, I just had to laugh at my stupid self for wishing that more kids had signed up. It's not about numbers. It's about each of them realizing their need for a Savior and I truly believe the lower numbers aided in this happening.


So D-Now was Friday night-Sunday morning. Now most adults in their right minds would go home and take a long, glorious Sunday afternoon nap. Unfortunately, that didn't happen for me. Kacie had a shower Sunday afternoon and as the matron of honor...well more importantly the one and only sister...there was no way I was missing it...sleep deprived or not.

The shower was fabulous. Lots of good food, fellowship, and tooooooons of great gifts. They walked away with some great stuff!

So finally, Sunday night rolls around and I am in bed at 9:30....except I can not go to sleep because of the rumbling I'm feeling from the walls of my room. What was it you might ask? Thunder? Oh no, just D playing Call of Duty downstairs with the surround sound... for those normal folks who aren't in the gaming loop... Call of Duty is an xbox 360 game that D has that is a shooting, killing, etc. game... so I'm laying there in my cozy bed hearing gun fire and feeling the walls rumbling. After 20 minutes of trying to drown it out I called him...yes on the phone because I was too lazy to get up.... and he so kindly turned it down. Once I finally fell asleep, I don't think I moved until my alarm went off.

So after exercising yesterday afternoon, then playing soccer last night, and recovering from D-Now... you can say I'm a little exhausted. On top of that Rob and B are getting married Saturday! So we have her lingerie shower Thursday, bridesmaid luncheon Friday, rehearsal dinner Friday night, hair/make-up appointments Saturday morning/mid-day, pictures at 3:00, wedding at 6:30.... and sometime before all of this I have to pick up my dress from the alterations lady and get my nails done... I guess I'll be resting next week... on the beach.

2 comments:

  1. Call of Duty!? lol. Roo and his marine buddies play that game too. mercy. I have been a supportive wife and cheered him on though. ;) Yeah, D-Now was great!! So happy one of your youth gave his life to Christ!!! Definitely worth the exhaustion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, I totally understand that desire for well-attended events. But God has also been reminding me recently that He's working in hearts, not through numbers.

    Ps...Love that I'm not alone in calling the hubs to ask him to turn down the volume...

    ReplyDelete