About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

I explained a while ago how we were going through a one year bible with our youth. Not only is it a challenge to them, but to me as well. One thing that I love so much about this bible is the translation. It's an NLT. (new living translation) This just means that it's easier to read. There are no thees or thous. Just the word simply put. For example, the Lord's prayer:

King James Version

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.



New Living Translation

Father, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And don't let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.


I know there are many arguments over different translations. Many can even change the scripture meaning for the sake of making it easier to read. (The was well researched by the dear hubs.) This one however has been right on. It's easy to read and makes things easier to understand. It's great for teenagers and adults.

Enough about translations.... sheesh...I'm turning into my D. Anyway..........

I read over this verse today and it basically jumped off the page and slapped me in the face.

"A fool is quick- tempered, but a wise person stays calm when insulted." Proverbs 12:16

I don't know about you, but I don't take insults well. Not that I'm insulted a ton....but I took this as when I'm talked about behind my back or bad mouthed...whatever......Now I think I'm a pretty easy going person... however insult me, my man, my family, my friends.... whatever is dear to me and you could call me "quick-tempered." I may not spat words out immediately or punch someone in the head or kick someone in the nuts... yes, I went there.... but I will fume, complain, gripe until I feel better. Poor D.

Basically this verse says, I am a fool. So all you fools at there with me let's stop being foolish... and stay calm. Like that's going to be easy! We're not alone in this battle. I refuse to allow the enemy to have victory in this area. So I challenge you along with myself to:

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

Eph. 4:26-24, 31-32


"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth."

Col. 3:8


"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear,slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God."

James 1:19-20


So.... quit being a fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment