About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Sweet Gan Gan

My sweet Gan Gan went home to be with his Creator yesterday at 12:47 p.m. We were all standing around him when he took his last breath. It was one of sweetest moments of my life. I couldn't help but be jealous that he was face to face with Jesus at that moment.





Our family is doing well. He was such a strong, hard working man during his time here with us that it was a relief that he was freed from his weak, sick body. His chains really are gone! He's been set free.





The hardest part was leaving the hospital and coming back over to their house with his stuff. It's the silly things that in light of eternity don't really matter, but to us they do... that make this part difficult. Seeing his shoes by the door and his empty chair at the table really make this experience tough. We have peace in knowing that he is in a much better place, but selfishly we're sad that we won't kiss his scruffy face again this side of heaven.





Please continue to pray for us....especially my grandmother. They were married 55 years and she is imaginably really having a hard time thinking about life without him.






Thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement. It's times like this that I am reminded of how blessed I am to have such great people in my life! These next few days will be rough so please bathe us in prayer as we prepare for the visitation Friday night from 6-8 p.m. and the funeral Saturday at 2:00p.m. Everything will take place at Memphis Funeral Home....across from Faith Baptist Church.





To God be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. Candace, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Gan Gan. Praying that the peace and comfort of our Lord would surround you during this time!

    ReplyDelete