About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Seek His Face Weekend and the Sus

This past weekend I had the privilege to go on a ladies retreat with a small portion of the fantastic ladies that we have at FBCHW. The retreat was at Pickwick specifically at the Pickwick Inn. The conference was put on by the Tennessee WMU. The retreat was a prayer retreat called Seek His Face. This was such a refreshing weekend...minus the fact that I slept in the same room with a grizzly bear...I mean Susan....It might as well have been a grizzly bear the way that poor girl snores when shes on her back. I def think that fungal ball #2 is back in your nose Susan! Don't worry.... I'd choose to room with you again any time... I mean who else causes trouble and then makes me deal with it! Yes...camp. Let's go there for a minute.



Going there....Susan and her husband John are 2 of our very faithful youth leaders. We can always count on Susan to go to camp with us. This year was no exception. Lights out are suppose to be at 11:45. Well, the last night of camp d ordered pizza and we took everyone down to the beach to eat it at 11:45. So we come back to the room and our girls jump straight into their bunks doing exactly what they're told. Susan and I go to the showers to wash the sand off our legs.



I volunteered to go get us a towel once I finished. I dried my legs off and apparently got side tracked. Here comes Susan...already in a silly mood...yes this was at that moment.





She turned her back and I popped her good with the towel. So let's remember it's 12:30...at least... our girls are on the bunks ready for bed and Susan and I now begin a towel popping fight...or rather she tried to wrestle it from me.


So Susan and I are laughing our heads off, our girls are taking pictures from their bunks and all of a sudden there is a knock at our door. Susan dives into her bunk and says laughing , "You're the youth minister's wife you deal with it!" OK...payback for sure.


So I open the door and a sleepy headed leader from the room below us is not happy and asks that our GIRLS quiet down! It wasn't our girls! It was 2 of the leaders! Of course I didn't tell her that I just assured her it would get quiet. Thanks Susan Knopf!


Me and the Sus


So Susan...even though you basically throw me under the bus... I love you anyway and will still be your room mate...even when the grizzly bear shows up!


Back to the retreat.....

It was of course great to get a way for a couple of days, but to fellowship with these ladies and then seek His face...literally...what a neat experience it was!


Our view!



The crazy group




And again...



Not everyone...but I like the background



One of the crazies



Me and Kendra



T-R-O-U-B-L-E



The perfect retreat place for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment