About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ten Things Thursday

10. I am currently addicted to candy corn.





9. I am beyond thrilled to be starting our new fall ladies bible study at church...Beth Moore's Breaking Free. At first I was a little bummed because I thought, "I don't have an addition or really bondage to anything." I did some research and found that "bondage" is anything that keeps you from an abundant life in Christ. Hello! Ok, so that includes more of us than we thought, huh. So needless to say, I'm ready to Break Free!






8. I hate my sister's job schedule...I feel like I never see her anymore.






7.Tellini's is underrated. Their baked spaghetti is fabulous!






6. I have a Blueberry Muffin candle on my desk that I keep lit most of the day. And I wonder why I'm hungry all of the time.





5. It's official.... we're going skiing in Wolf Ridge, North Carolina for winter camp. Daniel and Luke Saunders have been youth ministry buddies for awhile and finally decided to do a big trip with both our groups. It's going to be awesome!






4. I have no idea why I have yet to go to Starbuck's for my favorite Pumpkin Spice latte.






3. Tuesday night was our kick-off for our Titus 2 study. This is a once a month gathering for ladies based on discipleship. Ladies signed up for the day and time that works best for them. Not knowing the leader, knowing there was a possibility they may get separated from friends, etc. so we could guarantee that each group would have a diversity of ages. Titus 2:3-5 states:

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

This was not a suggestion, but a mandate. One thing our generation is lacking is: older women who want to train younger women and younger women who want to be trained. This study is not only bridging the generation gaps in our church, but bettering our homes. These older women have a wealth of knowledge to give if we'll only sit back and listen. We're going through the first book, Spiritual Mothering. Each month you're expected to read 1 chapter and discuss it in your small group meeting. I am so excited to see how the Lord is going to use this in my life.... b/c goodness knows I need it!




2. I'm totally old school...but I bought a Franklin....a cute green one though. Being the supervisor of my campus, I have a lot to keep up with and this has been a life saver! It's like this, but green.





1. Yay for Labor Day! It give us a 3 day weekend and we have big plans! More on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. 1. That is an excellent, excellent picture of you and your sis.
    2. We just went over that verse in my Bible study yesterday...what convicts me the most? The "be kind" part.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete