About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Parent Day

Today was Parent Day for my class. This is always an exciting time for parents to come sit in for an hour as we show them a miniature version of our day...a whole day packed into one hour! It's essentially a time for parents to come and see what they're paying for. The kids love it, the parents love it, the teachers love it, but we love it even more when its over. :)

I had everything laid out on my board so I could easily transition from one thing to another. We sang songs, played fun review games. It all went very smoothly. I really do love to see how excited the kids are to show off what they know. Its even sweeter when the parents grin from ear to ear because their child is doing well. Bottom line. Parent day is always a great day.

We were on our last song and I glanced at my watch and it had only been 30 minutes! What?! I felt I had planned more this year than any before. Oh well... we were simply getting out early because to add anything else would have been awkward. Everything else had flown together so well. We ended by talking about insects. Thankfully the craft lasted a good 15-20 minutes! The parents were able to help their child make an insect out of marshmallows, pretzels, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and icing. I left my camera at home so I didn't get a picture of them, but I found this and it helps you get the idea.



Ours were held together by icing and they put sprinkles on top to give them spots. The kids loved making them, but loved eating them even more.

So Parent Day 2010, you were very fun, but I'm glad you're behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment