About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ten Things Thursday

10. I always fantasize about the combination of fall weather, porch swing, and a good cup of coffee...I have all of the above, but it never happens. Officially on my to do list!



9. I have the running bug. Now if only I could improve my time without dying.

8. My race is Saturday. My friend Sara (who will be running in the race as well) and I are going to run the course this afternoon in preparation for Sat.



7. I love nap time at school.

6. I think I may be a coffee addict....no b/c I really can live without it....I just choose not to. I drink decaf though! That's not too bad.

5. Since, my last post about my love for candy-corn, you'll be happy to know that the container on my desk is still mostly full... I've decided its best to save the junk for the kids. OK, maybe one or 2 here and there for me...but that's all!

4. Maggie and Taylor (my niece and cousin) who are 5, had their first soccer game the other night. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. There was more talking than playing, but boy were they cute!





3. D and I have been playing volleyball together for quite awhile now. This year we...actually our friend Nathan convinced us... that we should take our team into the next league. Meaning we went from recreational to recreational spiking. I am not ashamed to say that I am currently seeking advice from some of our students who play "for real" volleyball at their high schools. This particular game is not only about scoring but team work. Just getting the ball over is not enough now. Bump. Set. Spike. Thats the key. I will never be a spiker...I'm too short and I'll be honest the idea of making my shoulder do what it needs to adequately spike...makes me cringe. So...I want to learn how to properly set the ball. If I can't spike I'd at least like to contribute in the scoring process.



2. Tomorrow night we're going to one of our students football games. They play their arch rivals. We are super excited...well, D would never use that term, but guys pounding each other, hot dogs, and our youth on the field (and in the band!)....makes for a pretty exciting night! Go Austin!



1.I want a watch to run in that keeps up with mileage, time, and calories burned. Any suggestions?....preferably under $100.


3 comments:

  1. nike plus watchband...it's been the greatest for me!!! Keeps track of pace you're averaging, calories, time you've been running, as well as actual time of day.

    plus it stores all this knowledge on the nikeplus.com website through the USB device on your band. so you can look back and see progress as well as set goals, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the nike + ipod... it was only $30. It tells you your time, distance, pace, and calories burned while you listen to your favorite playlist. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete