About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, September 17, 2010

Not Ashamed

I am not ashamed that the 3.1 miles felt like an eternity.

I am not ashamed that I thought I was going to die as we entered into the last mile.

I am not ashamed that I had to tell Sara I needed to stop and breathe more than once.

I am not ashamed to say we walked the last little bit.

Yea, my idea of checking out the race course was much more difficult than I imagined. The race will be held around Audubon Park. My last 5k was the Hope for Haiti at Bellevue. It was a twisted, round about course. After seeing how precise the rectangle that we'd be running tomorrow was... I was actually thrilled.... until I ran it.

I'm not one for excuses, but who cares...here are mine...

1. What happened to the nice fall breezes we were having?! They were not there yesterday. Instead we had 100 degree temps and lots of humidity. (Ok, that might or might not be an exaggeration, but it was nonetheless hot!)

2. We had to spend the first mile running off road...seriously over tree roots, up hills, etc. because there was so much traffic on Southern. Whereas on Saturday we will have a lane to ourselves. Smooth, flat concrete... yes please.

3. My velcro arm band for my mp3 player has disappeared... therefore I was holding my mp3 and adjusting cords a good portion of the time.

4. I had been doing a lot of squats and lunges the last few days so I felt like I was carrying 50 lb. weights on the back of my thighs.

5. I left my water in my purse all day so it was hot.


Ok...so I'm not as hard core of a runner as I'd like to be. It's only 3.1 miles for crying out loud not 26.2! I'm a weeny. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I don't really like excuses....but they make me feel better. However I reallllly don't like when other people use them. I always want to say...but never do.... "Man up! And get over it!" Yea, don't say that to me...I might cry.

As for tomorrow, my goal was to complete it in as close to a 10 mile minute as possible. Now I just hope I complete it!


1 comment: