About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I have officially turned into my mother...

Today, we took 31 K4-ers to Tom's Farm. I had never been there before, but had heard great things from friends who had been. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was a great fall day to be outside. Our kids played on Tom's playground, saw the animals, played in the corn box, (oh yes... instead of sand, it's corn) swung on the rope swing, found fall treasures, went on a hayride, and picked some pumpkins. It was such a fun day!

I have noticed over the years the things I say and how I react to things seem similar to my mom. Well, after today, it's official.... I have turned into my mother. If you don't know my mom then I will gladly explain. She has anything and everything imaginable stored in her 50 lb. purse.... today, my Vera Bradley backpack was close to 50 lbs. and contained tissue, wipes, bandaids, and hand sanitizer (on top of everything else I already had in it.) My mom has become a germaphob and pulls out the hand sanitizer frequently...today, after each station my hand sanitizer was out and I was squirting little hands generously. My mom tends to freak out or be ready to jump and save easily when a situation arises that could in anyway become dangerous... today, while on the hayride, my kids decided they wanted to lay at the front of the wagon and stick their heads out. The whole time I'm picturing them falling out and getting run over. So I was on the edge of my hay, constantly telling them to scoot back or to stay on their bottoms. So it's official...

So mom, thanks for making me the over cautious, on the edge of my seat, prepared woman that I am. I do love you so much and I am so grateful that God made me your daughter!


1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, I think. Is that a good thing???

    ReplyDelete