About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 28, 2009

simply wonderful

What a wonderful last few days! Wednesday was our Thanksgiving Feast at school. Our kids were encouraged to dress up like a Pilgrim or Indian. So we had a very fun feast that ended with an early dismissal. :) The teachers then took down all fall decor and we put up our Christmas stuff. Then our Thanksgiving break officially began!

Coming home at at 2:00 p.m. and taking a nap was a great way to get my break started. D came home a few hours later. We decided to use one of our gift cards for a fun date night. We went to Bonefish Grill. I had never eaten there. It was delicious! I highly recommend it! So after a delicious and basically free dinner, we rented a movie and came home to watch it on our new 60 inch TV... aka the Christmas present. Who needs a movie theater when we have this?! Thank you direct buy!



Before the movie, I made my Thanksgiving dinner contributions: Pumpkin Cheesecake and Turtle Pumpkin Pie. I do not like pumpkin pie, but will eat both of these. They were delicious. Thank you, Hollie, for the great recipes!

It was so nice to sleep late Thursday morning. And by sleeping late, I mean until 8:00. Although I did get a friendly wake-up from my alarm on my phone which is set for 6:30 a.m. Monday-Friday. Oh so handy... but annoying on this day. Thankfully, I was tired enough that I quickly went back to sleep. Then D's alarm went off at 8:00.... thanks honey..... so then my coffee and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade began calling my name.

Before we knew it it was time to go to his parents house. We arrived early to load all of our Christmas stuff up in the car. After it was all loaded, we jumped in his parents car and headed to Hernando for our Thanksgiving lunch at Grandmomma's and Grandaddy's. The food was amazing. I will not dare admit how much I ate, but let's just say I was wishing I had worn looser fitting pants.

We returned back to the Jerkins' house and got in our car and headed to my Granny and Gan- Gan's house for a late dinner. Once again, the food was too delicious to stop at one plate. Yea, I know... gluttony is a sin, but the food was so good and Thanksgiving is only one day a year. I'll work it off later.
The good food and fellowship was followed by a family tradition: Dominoes.




I think this Thanksgiving I was reminded of how thankful I am that our families are so close. Regardless of how crazy holidays can be, it's so nice to be able to see both families each holiday.


With our Christmas stuff already loaded in the car, it made decorating very easy on Friday. Oh how I love this time of year! Christmas music on the river all of the time blesses my little heart. This is our first Christmas in our house so it was fun trying to find new places for all of my "decorative junk" as D calls it.

Now I am sitting here cozy on my couch, D killing some bug in the window, football on the TV, Christmas decorations around me, Thanksgiving leftovers in my belly... yes, my life is simply wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment