About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, November 16, 2009

teachable moment

One of my little girls told her mom that she kissed a little boy during nap time on Friday. (I was home sick and the sub must have put their cots by one another because I never would have put those 2 cute, little talkers together.)

When I sat our cots out today, I asked what nap time was for. I gladly heard napping, resting, etc. Then A told me that her and D kissed during nap time. I explained that our kisses are just for mommy and daddy. I even went as far as to explain that just like we have to keep our hands and feet to ourselves, we have to keep our lips to ourselves. She looked up at me with the sweetest smile on her face and said, "But, Mrs. Jerkins, he's my boyfriend and I'm going to marry him."

I couldn't help but smile. I was for a moment at a loss for words. Then I realized I had to go back into teacher mode and use this as a teaching moment. So everyone then got a 4 yr. old "purity talk" about keeping our hands, feet and lips to ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. You're such a good teacher, Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get those purity talks in early...but how cute is her innocence!?

    Ps...I made your peanut butter cookie turkeys. They're delicious. But like my cookie recipe said, I flattened the cookie balls with a fork. Andy decided it looked like roadkill with the fork design...so now I have a Thanksgiving tradition of making "Roadkill Cookies" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice... nothing like roadkill to make you thankful!

    ReplyDelete