About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, November 2, 2009

Race for the Cure

Saturday was the Race for the Cure. This is the 2nd year that I have participated and I am certain it will be a yearly tradition. One of my teacher friends here at MRBS is a breast cancer survivor. We got an MRBS team together, Kelley's Kingsmen, and walked/jogged/ran in her honor. What a humbling experience! I found myself teary-eyed as we walked around before the race. I am not a fan of her, but Melissa Ethridge's song "I walk for hope...." played with my emotions after seeing all the pink survivor shirts, bald heads, and family/friend support.

Many people had signs pinned on their shirts that said, "I run in memory of..." or "I run in honor of..." I couldn't help but thank the Lord for how he has protected my family and kept us from having to wear "I run in memory of..." shirts. This was such a neat opportunity to be apart of. It contained a lot of fun, fellowship, exercise, and the satisfaction of knowing that I helped contribute to finding a cure for breast cancer.

If you didn't participate this year then I strongly urge you to do so next year. You won't be disappointed!

Personalized shirt


Our finished product from our shirt decorating party... ok, so we'll teach and not design.


Thousands of people participated... the most ever for Memphis.


Part of our group... Sara ditched us as and ran rather than doing our walk/jog combo.


We survived!


One of the lovely homes that entertained us during the race.

1 comment: