About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

10. T-Shirt Decorating Party= lots of fun and a great time to catch up with friends.

9. Dinner with Frannie and Walt= an eventful evening.... including 2 trips to the restroom per their request.... Leah and Dan aren't too bad either.

8. Race for the Cure= a new tradition that will not be taken lightly.

7. FBCHW Family Harvest Festival= a new Jerkins tradition... I got suckered into face painting.... just kidding Mel... I loved it!

6. Our church family= doesn't get much better.

5. Pumpkin Cheesecake= delicious... will be my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner.

4. Time with sister= nothing better.

3. Mom's ability to take my beautiful fall garland and make it into a gorgeous wreath= cute door

2. P90x arms= my favorite.

1. 13 visiting students that came last night= awesome.


I've decided to take my Ten Things Thursday and turn it into a Thankful Thursday as well. I guess with Thanksgiving around the corner it reminded me... as I'm explaining this to my students... that we can voice our thanks and be thankful every day.... not just one day a year.

I asked my students what holiday was in the month of November and of course they named almost every other holiday as well. Finally, someone said, "Thanksgiving." I explained to them why we celebrate Thanksgiving. I went the "it reminds us to be thankful for all that God has given us rather than the pilgrims and indians route. That story will be told another day.... I then gave them an opportunity to tell everyone what they were thankful for. I heard Mommy, Daddy, the dog, Mrs. Jerkins (melts my heart every time).... but then their answers got crazy... "I'm thankful to God for lights" or my personal favorite, "underwear." I indeed am thankful for underwear too.


So in honor of Thankful Thursday I will be thankful for:
-the time spent with friends and not the ache in my back from bending over for 2 hours painting t-shirts.

-the sweet memories with second cousins and not the bruises on my back that Walt left from his loving punches.

-the fact that I helped support breast cancer and our special survivor and not that I had to get up at 5:45a.m. on a Saturday.

-that I helped make Halloween a safe and fun evening for many and not the fact that I missed my Mags, Lils, and Hals in their cute costumes.

-my pumpkin cheesecake being edible despite the fact I didn't follow the recipe that Hollie gave me.

-the time I have with my sister even when she keeps me up past my bed time...j/k... well partly.

-p90x for the great workout even though I would like to seriously hurt that Tony guy some times for his weird facial expressions and off the wall comments.

-a great night playing basketball with some of our visting students despite the fact that I sweated my tail off, didn't finish my bible study, and got in bed later.... it was well worth it.

I choose to focus on the things that matter rather than the dumb things that inconvenience me. Bottom line... it's not about me. I wasn't put on this earth for my pleasure and benefit. Although, God has been so good to us. I have so much to be thankful for every day of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment