About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

throw-up

So clearly this is a topic that gets your attention, but it's not a very pleasant one. I've been teaching for 3 years, baby-sat for 11 years, and I of course have been alive for 24 yrs..... I have seen my share of throw-up. I've come to a conclusion... I do not do throw-up.

Well, you can probably guess where this is going... one of my students threw-up all over the lunch room floor. Poor thing had been acting funny today and before we knew it... it was coming out and it did not want to stop. Thankfully, I had finished my lunch and was preparing my class to line up when the incident occurred. I immediately told her to run into the bathroom behind her as I ran out the lunch room door to get our school nurse. God love our school nurse. What she has to go through with 68 children including her own class of 9... the woman definitely deserves a raise! Thankfully my little girl was able to change clothes and wait for her dad before another round hit. I was able to get my class down for nap while, Mrs. Roach, bless her heart, cleaned up the mess. (Is this in her job description?... probably not, but if I had to clean it up then she'd be cleaning 2 different throw-up spots up.)

This got me thinking.... what in the world am I going to do when I have kids who are throwing up? I know it's different when it's your own children, but just the sound makes me gag! Give me kid poop explosions all day... I can clean that mess up with no problem.... but throw up? No stinking way... no pun intended. All I can say is, Sweets, hope you can handle some throw-up.

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha!throw-up is so gross!
    one day when I worked at Starbucks a little girl threw up in the cafe and it went everywhere! it was about a 3ft puddle with splatters all around. eeek. I never thought I would do throw up either but it was one of those moments where you just do what you have to do without even thinking of your "how do I get out of this?!" options. lol.
    It was all i could do to hold my breath the whole time and hold back my gag reflex. the little girls mom was watching me so I was just smiling through the pain!
    Also, on our honeymoon both sean and I got the stomach flu.I got it first and he had to take of me and then he gotI had to take care of him while my stomach was still all tender. It was awful! but I joke that if he could hold a trash can while a puke in it than he must really love me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best is the middle of the night. I can't tell yhou how many times I would have to wake up Jim and ask if he wanted to clean the bed or the child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I don't do throw-up either. It's totally not different when it's your child...it's still throw-up. I can do the poopy that Phillip gags at and he can do the throw-up that makes me loose it. Guess God knew what he was doing when he put us together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Candace, I know the feeling. i don't know why I am a nursing major sometimes. I can do other "explosions all day too" but not throw up. Poor Mrs. Sanders last year had to come over after she had clocked out and clean up one little boys sickness. I tried but that is the day I learned I don't do throw up haha.

    ReplyDelete