About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does It Work

During my glorious 2 days off, I had the privilege of being lazy part of the time and productive the other. While I was in my productive mood, I decided to conquer my shower. I can not stand a dirty or a dirty looking shower. I have tried many things, but have not been able to to get ride of the water spots/soap scum on the shower glass.

I decided to take action and see if I could find some helpful advice on the internet and boy did I! I read about several expensive cleaners and then one particular thing caught my attention. #1 it's cheap. #2 I had some. What is it you might ask? You won't even believe me. But I will share my secret with you. The miracle working shower cleaner is....... a wet dryer sheet! You might think I'm crazy or you may be thinking of course dummy, I've been using that for years,but for my lack of martha stewart skills... I was stunned at even the thought. So I went downstairs, grabbed a dryer sheet, wet it and began scrubbing away. I did not see immediate results, in fact I was again disappointed that it wasn't getting the job done. As I scrubbed, I realized I was causing more water streaks so I grabbed a dry wash rag and wiped it down after each scrub. Discouraged, I finished, threw the dryer sheet away and went downstairs. A little while later, D went upstairs and said, "what did you do to the shower?" I thought, "Oh no, what happened." He said, "It looks great." I went back in there and realized that my dryer sheet had done a good job of cleaning it after all!



The glass on my shower is by no means sparkling, but it's cleaner than it's been since we moved in. So dryer sheet, you passed the Jerkins Does it Work test!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Candace! I will for sure be trying this. Did you use a used dryer sheet or a new one? And is your shower fiberglass or tile? I was just looking at our shower last night thinking it needed a scrub. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a new dryer sheet. I just saw a difference in the glass not on any other part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! I have a shower with doors that drives me crazy!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! i am a friend of Amanda Lemonds and happened to click on your blog. So, as a stranger offering advice--the Magic Eraser works wonders on glass shower doors! just make sure the eraser stays plenty wet, then dry the door w/a towel.

    elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried that first and was very disappointed in the turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing - will definitely give that a try!

    ReplyDelete