About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Highlights of Israel


Going out on the Sea of Galilee.




Being baptized in the Jordan River.




Watching D baptize others in the Jordan River (what minister can say their first baptism was in the Jordan River?!)




Looking into the valley of Armageddon.




Seeing the sights on Mt. Carmel.




Standing on the ground where Christians were martyred for their faith.




Eating a falafel.




Floating in the Dead Sea.




Riding a camel.




Seeing the place where Jesus was born.




Standing on the ground where he was beaten.




Walking the street where he bled carrying the cross.




Seeing the empty tomb.



This trip was life changing. It was a humbling experience like no other. Reading the bible and explaining bible stories to my kids will never be the same. I am blessed to be able to picture these places now as I read. I am forever thankful.

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I can't imagine what that must have been like! Glad ya'll made it back safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. I'm such a dork or rather have too much Sheila in me, but I found myself watching everyone on the plane on the way home...for shady activity.

    ReplyDelete